Thursday, January 31, 2013

Starting over again

So the last few months have been spent drinking and I have gained nothing but some extra weight. So I'm back on the wagon. Today is day one for me. I am taking antabuse to help me not drink. I know a lot of people may not agree with that but it has helped me some in the past so I'm willing to try it again.

I'm returning to AA. I went to a meeting today. Everyone was nice and welcomed me back. Tomorrow I will go to my women's meeting and hope everything goes as smoothly as today's meeting did. I have my sponsor back.

I want to work the program for real this time. I want to get better. My drinking gives me nothing really but some brief comfort. I fear losing my friends, dread having to say no to drinks with them. I am not sure how to be me without alcohol. But I plan to find out.

Life is out there for me to join. I plan to jump in with two feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment