Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Checking in

Just wanted to check in. I am feeling better this week. I think they may have finally got my meds right. I have totally committed myself to AA. I have been to meetings everyday and will do so for 90 days and am working with my sponsor.

There have been a few tough times but I called my sponsor and went to a meetings and prayed. After my hospital visit I know I have to do this. It was probably what I really needed and the best part for me is it's not a secret anymore. My parents know and are very supportive. I don't announce it to the world but my close friends know I am going to AA. I am not embarrassed by it. I have a disease and need help. I doubt I would have ever told my parents otherwise. Also my daughter is being very supportive about me going to meetings. So just the freedom of it not being a secret anymore is really helpful. I am going to do anything and everything that is suggested by my sponsor. If someone doesn't want to be my friend because of my problem then that's their choice.

So my top priority is sobriety. I will do this. Just wanted to let everyone know how things are going this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment