Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 4

Not a bad day. Went to a noon meeting. Worked. Ran 3 miles....I've decided to train again for a half marathon to keep me busy/motivated. Family over for dinner.

Felt good most of the day...some moments of sadness but don't really know why. This afternoon I was working on school work and got to feeling anxious, grouchy...Not sure why. I stopped and went for my run. My sponsor said that was good better than sitting in dwelling in feeling bad. So here's my list of what I did good today....

1. Stayed sober
2. Went to a meeting
3. Worked
4. Did school work
5. Ran
6. Cooked dinner and invited family
7. Enjoyed family dinner

Day 4

1 comment:

  1. Mary, I completely relate to your struggles with wanting to be normal and allowed to drink, but I've tried and failed to a point where I now realize that's just not possible. It sucks now, but in the long run I believe now that it will be a blessing.

    Stay strong and stay centered and go to meetings!! Avoid parties and situations where you have to resist temptations. It's too easy to allow that voice inside to say "just one". We both know that's not possible.

    Welcome back!! I'm on Day 3 of my third attempt. I've been close to 30 days twice before and foolishly thought I had it beat and I truly was normal.

    Keep writing. I look forward to going down this road together!!

    ReplyDelete