Sunday, October 30, 2011

Relief

Well I feel relieved tonight for 2 reasons...

1. I MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEKEND SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while since that happened so I am relieved I did it.

The other thing is even bigger to me. I told my daughter about going to AA. She caught me secretly drinking this summer and I talked with her about my alcohol problems. She was so upset that day and it was heartbreaking. Time moved on and she was ok. Caught me another time but just chose to leave and go to her grandmothers but didn't say much to me about it.

I told her when I did AA before that I was going to a prayer meeting. So when I went back I just said I think I'm going to go back to those meetings I used to go to. She just said ok...She knows I call my sponsor everyday again. I had referred to her before as an "accountability partner" something that had been talked about at church and how I referred to her at that time.

So tonight we were talking about Halloween and she asked me if I wanted to go with her to her uncle's where she always goes. It's a big party/trick or treat thing and they are big drinkers. I said no, I really don't want to be around all the drinking. I'm trying not to drink and would rather not be around it right now. She was totally cool and supportive. So then I just felt God was saying it was the right time, which I had prayed for. So I just said ok I need to tell you something but don't want you to freak out. Immediately she thinks I'm either pregnant or found a tranantula in the house(a common fear of ours)....funny where people's minds go... I said no, you know those meetings I go to, well they are really AA. I explained it was a good support program that helped me do better and meet people who could help me, etc. I told her that we all need help sometimes and I needed the extra support/help. She was fine. Said she understood and didn't seem bothered or anything. She quickly moved on to what she's wearing tomorrow and trying on outfits for me so she seems just fine!!

It is just a relief to be honest about it. I've wanted to but been scared.. Such a good feeling to be completely honest with her instead of telling half truths, etc!!
Day 8!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment