Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 5

So day 5. Not the first but hopefully the last. Pretty decent day. Morning meeting and I didn't lock my keys in my car. Much better start. Work was fine, and tonight I got to stay home!!!!! I did some school work, laundry, etc. The best part was spending the evening with my daughter. We did some straightening around the house, ordered pizza and just chilled.. Very nice!

My ex-husband texted me today just to say he was sorry for what all he put me through, he knew we loved each othe and he effed it up but we did have a great daughter who couldn't have asked for a better mother.
We have been divorced since Jan. 01. He's an alcoholic and an adict. I don't think he is using now but definitely still drinks. I didn't drink much at all while married to him. It was nice but made me feel....I don't know. Weird. Made me think about a drink. I think it was feelings that I didn't want to feel but tried to anyway. I replied it was all good and we all make mistakes and I raised her the best I could with God's help. Why would this provoke the thought of a drink other than just the feelingness of it? I'm way over him but still brought up feelings I had buried and yes, they made me uncomfortable. I sat and tried to think them through.

Today's list of good things I did today:

1. Stayed sober
2. Went to my meeting
3. Worked
4. Did my to-do list - watered plants, school work, laundry
5. Tried not to worry about "What if's"
6. Did my readings, prayers, and called my sponsor.
7. Helped plan a halloween party my daughter's having and didn't think of alcohol!

Here's to another sober day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment