Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Daddy's Birthday

Today was my dad's 67th bday. The family all went to dinner and then back to their house to visit. I love my family and really enjoyed the evening. Played hide and seek with my niece and just had fun. If I was drinking
I probably would have been in a hurry to leave to go to a halloween party or manipulated the plans around so I could have gone to a Halloween party a friend out of town is having. So I could get drunk because that's what it would boil down to. Dress up, get drunk, blackout, feel like shit tomorrow and then guilty because I had manipulated everything to get my way.....

I worry about losing my parents sometimes. It is an overwhelming thought but today I enjoyed them without dwelling on negative future problems.

Instead it was a relaxed and lovely evening. Thank God. In fact the whole day was good. Got up early, ran 4 miles, store, showered...hung out with my daughter then left for the festivities. I didn't obsess about alcohol or feel sad that I was missing out on something more "fun".

Today is day 7. One week sober. One weekend sober.

My Good List
1. Stayed sober
2. Ran
3. Spent time with family unselfishly
4. Didn't obess about missing out on something "better" or more "fun" than family.

Somehow the list seems shorter than usual today. I didn't go to a meeting today but I think that's ok. I'm not perfect and I enjoyed my family time.

Day 7!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment