Sunday, November 20, 2011

Almost 30 days

So today is day 29. Tomorrow will be 30 days with no alcohol. 4 weekends with no alcohol. I've made it this far before but not since June. I will go to my 8:00 meeting and get my 30 day chip tomorrow morning. I feel good about making it this far.

From Feb to June I had 105 days then after relapsing haven't got much more than a week or two at a time. So 30 days seems like a long time.

I will have to say how I did it when I get my chip....I did it by going to meetings almost everyday, by praying and calling my sponsor and when craving hit I took a nap (lol but usually always true). I thought about being more happy when I'm sober. That will be my speech I guess because that's what I did!

So vacation this week and Thanksgiving. Vacation always makes me want to drink so I've been having cravings this weekend and probably will next week during slow times. Luckily my family doesn't drink so actual Thanksgiving day won't be a problem. But after lunch my daughter will go to her dad's side of the family and spend the night. Do they sell alcohol here on Thanksgiving? I don't know. I hope not. I won't buy it before but may be very tempted after she's gone. I need to work on a plan. Maybe just stay at my sister's for the night. I don't know...

I'm trying to focus on one day at a time and not project to the future. I did run a 10K yesterday, one that I have registered for numerous times, ran once, and not gone numerous times due to a hangover. So just actually going was great. I also had lunch with friends, only one of whom had a beer. I had dinner with a friend, who had a margarita, she drank 1/2 of it...1/2???? WTF???? I never drank 1/2 a drink. I really wasn't tempted during those time. So good weekend overall.

Day 29

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome you did the race.

    You are so focused on your recovery. It's so inspiring!

    Congrats on (almost) 30 days!!!

    ReplyDelete