Monday, November 21, 2011

Guess what???

I have achieved 30 days of sobriety!!!! All in a row!!!!!!! It has been since June that I have done this. Prior to June I had 105 days and then have been having a rough time since them but I did it!!! 30 DAYS!!!

Funny thing it means more this time than last time because it was SO much harder this time and I had to do more work to make it happen so it makes it more special.

I'm on vacation this week and as I said had planned to go to my 8:00 AM meeting anyway to get my chip. Well I woke up early about 6ish and it was pouring rain so I thought ... Never mind I'll just sleep in and go to a noon meeting... Well I woke back up at 7:40 and thought NO! This meeting means something to me, I go at least 3 mornings a week and I want to get my chip there so I threw on some sweats and went. I was so glad I did. It just meant so much to get it this time. I was happy all day even though I had to run errands in the rain all day I was still happy.

I did it by going to the meeting, yes almost everyday, apparently what I needed to stay sober, praying, doing my daily reading my sponsor says, calling her daily, and when the craving hit I prayed, kept busy or took a nap. Naps work so well for me....one I love napping and two usually when I wake up the cravings have passed. Also by going to the doctor and getting my meds straightened out. That helped my mental state tremendously.

Sobriety is sooooo much better than drinking, definitely not easy, but better!!!!

DAY 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11





2 comments:

  1. You're doing great! Another milestone looms!
    Keep napping and stay well rested so you are always fresh and it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete