Saturday, December 3, 2011

Help for HP

I have a confession/great story from last night. So I was really wanting to drink and finally about 8:45 decided eff it and left to get a bottle of wine, cause just a few wouldn't hurt anything and no on had to know. Soooo...I walk out and close the door and IMMEDIATELY recall this vision of my house keys sitting on the table INSIDE not in my purse. So I dig around to be sure. Not keys. So I try to back dooor hoping maybe I didn't lock it. No, it's locked. Get a set of keys in my purse that I have no idea what they are for and tried them in the front and back. No luck. Try the credit card trick, tried to pry open my window, tried my knop twist lock with a paper clip. No luck...obvioulsy I was gonna have to get my extra keys from my daughter, siser, or parents. Oh did I mention I had left my phone at home cause I would be right back?

I decide to drive to grandmother's where daughter is. No one home. So to the gas station I go and ask to borrow a phone. Make it quick he says I'm not supposed to let anyone use the phone. Call daughter to see if they are almost back. No answer. Call my sister, who is quite the panicer, and try quickly to explain I need to come get my keys. So drive the 15 or so mins out then and back home. With my key. No alcohol.

I realized as soon as I shut the door and realized the keys that this was God keeping me sober. Sure I could've gone on and bought the alcohol and then dealt with the key situation but I just KNEW that it was my HP (God) and his way of helping me stay sober. Doing for me what I couldn't for myself!!!

Today I am full of gratitude for that intervention and that I didn't drink. Enjoyed a a run and yoga class this morning. A lovely afternoon of shopping this afternoon with my daughter. We then met my parents and niece, who they were keeping for the evening, for dinner and went downtown to look at Christmas lights and stopped at the new cupcake shop in town. YUMMY! And Ihad a great time, was so glad I wasn't hungover or try to figure a way out so I could drink.....

Just wanted to share how my HP saved me last night and express my gratitude!!!!
Day 9 (almost double digits again)!!

1 comment:

  1. I've got goosebumps! Great story and great ending! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete