Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sober Christmas Eve

It has been a good day. I got up and ran 7.25 miles. Yoga was cancelled due to Christmas Eve. My lovely daughter wanted to come home for a bit so we showered and decided to start a new pizza lunch Christmas Eve tradition!! It was delicious! Home for a nap, took her back to grandmother's and went to Christmas Eve service. Came home and finally finished wrapping gifts. Now just waiting till time to pick her back up.

Some thoughts of drinks did pop in my head when taking her back to grandma's and during service...like hmmm after this I could go have a drink, maybe some wine. No I thought and didn't dwell on it. Don't want anything at all now. It wasn't a bad craving, just a passing thought.

I can remember drinking on Christmas Eve's in the past. Stalling to go pick up my daughter cause I was out drinking, probably picked her up smelling of booze and cigarettes. Lovely. Glad that's in the past. Looking forward to the day at my sister's tomorrow.

I wish you all a sober and happy holiday!

Day 8

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to 8 days of sobriety!

    Every once in a while I get struck with the craving wanting to drink. I try thinking that it's okey having a craving, I'm an alcoholic dammit ;) But I can choose not to act on that feeling, just like you do.

    I got really happy reading your post, because you sounded happy.

    Merry Christmas, I hope you get to enjoy a beautiful and peaceful day. Take care!

    ReplyDelete