Friday, December 2, 2011

So far sober Friday

So obviously it's Friday. I have been fighting urges to drink most of the day. Weekends are so much harder. I thought about it, imagined margaritas at happy hour. Considered a bottle of wine. I really, really want to drink. I've been home since about 2:45 and been working on homework so I've been busy. I still want to drink. I'm trying to stay strong. I was supposed to go to a 6:00 meeting but didn't. I really don't feel great, sore throat and cough, and was almost scared if I got out I would go drink. I've been in bed in my pj's since getting home trying to keep myself sober. I'm thinking of tomorrow. I need to do a 6 mile run for my half marathon training and there's a 10:30 yoga class at the YMCA that I would love to go to. So if I stay in bed, go to sleep early then I will feel like getting up and running then doing yoga. My daughter also has planned for us to go to dinner tomorrow and then go look at Christmas lights. If I drink I won't feel good, probably would be able to function by dinner but would feel depressed and yucky. I know if I don't drink I can enjoy my day tomorrow. I want to enjoy my day tomorrow. I want my cravings to go away. I plan to stay right here in bed and read then go to sleep. Maybe do some step work. Step one. Again. I'm sick of step one and ready to move to step two. I almost gave in today, like really close, but I didn't and don't think I will at this point. Thank you God!!

Day 8

No comments:

Post a Comment