Sunday, December 18, 2011

Living life!

So Friday I drank, nothing wonderful, nothing awful...just the same ole get drunk, sleep all day, waste of time.

As I wasted my day on Saturday being hung over/mentally depressed I had a revelation. I am sick of wasting my money, time and energy on alcohol. That's all it is .... alcohol. I have struggled mentally for years about this. I have tried and failed and tried again, etc.

I dropped to my knees and prayed for forgiveness and prayed for God to help me stay sober. One year. I will give it my best for one year. Work a program, whether AA, or a combination of things one year of honest trying, not just giving in, but taking ACTION! If I'm not happy after a year, then I can drink again. Though I realize that's very doubtful.

So a year, I will stay sober, I will try to be happy, and live life to the fullest. God gave me life and I don't want to waste more than I already have so here's to me!!!!

Day 2

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that, I will keep you in my prayers. I will keep coming back to give you all the support I can. It is just on day at at a time. You are in my heart and on my mind. Peace to you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, alcohol just sucks after a while. Fun, Fun with Problems and then just Problems. Fun is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may sound really dumb, but reading your post makes me happy. I'm not alone, WE are not alone... I need to know that. And I'm so happy that you found strenght to dump that booze. I am basically where you are, just recently having quit drinking alcohol. And your honesty inspires me... as you say, let's not waste this life.

    I too would reaaally really want to see that I've had one year of sobriety. Haven't had that since the day I started drinking as a young teenager.

    I'll keep visiting your blog and I truly wish you all the best, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you reading my post makes me really happy!! Not dumb...when I started writing I didn't know if anyone would read but it was a good way to get things out and so glad people are reading!! No we are NOT alone. Keep visiting and I wish you all the best as well!! Let's travel this journey together....

    ReplyDelete