Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Not sure...

So I really had to count my days cause I wasn't sure...I'm trying not to focus so much on them. But it is day 13. Almost 2 weeks without a drink. I haven't been to a meeting since last Thursday. Friday I hibernated and this week I have used the work excuse, which isn't really an excuse because I do need to be at work and not be gone for an hour either in the morning or at noon. Last night I used the homework excuse. This is the last week of my semester and I did have 2 papers to write and a final to study for. I did finish one paper and finished the other this afternoon but I could have gone to the meeting. I just didn't want to. Again, I wanted to hibernate. I haven't been to the gym at all this week or done a run. I cancelled my training session on Monday afternoon due to something that happpened at work. My supervisor sent a "threatening" email, not just to me but to the staff as a whole. I hate the way she communicates and if I'm honest I am guilty of some of the things she talked about. So I felt awful. I felt mad and sad. I texted my trainer and rescheduled for Friday, which I am dreading already, and left work at 1:30 and came home and cried and took a nap. I should have gone to the gym yesterday and today but just wanted to get home and stay here.

I have been feeling anxious, depressed, not good mentally. I made an appointment with a psychologist for tomorrow at 2:00. I don't know what else to try. I've been doing AA (well not this week), taking meds prescribed by my doctor and a psychiatrist, praying, working on the steps with my sponsor, etc. So I will now try the therapy route as well. I guess maybe all this is normal when getting sober. I just don't like the way I feel. I feel fearful and don't want to leave the house, which I know is not healthy. I haven't been to meetings this week because of my anxiety or whatever it is. So hopefully this will pass quickly.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's not pleasant, but it's okay to feal a little rotten in early sobriety. Just get to a meeting, even if it's the last thing you want to do. "Bring the body and the mind will follow."

    Thank you for always being so honest. It's truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like anxiety to me too. And you're honesty keeps me coming back

    ReplyDelete